View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
im a little unclear as to what facts predict the future of a bunch of highly touted defense prospects. i don't like subbans game. that's my opinion. the mere fact that it differs from yours doesn't give you any sort of reason to talk to me like i have no idea what i'm talking about.

second of all, i've already explained that the mere fact that i listed pietrangelos name with a few other guys who are obviously below him in terms of current accomplishment and development doesn't, in any way, mean i was claiming that they're on his level at their own respective junctures. i don't really know why you're so upset over this, but that's all i'm going to say on the matter. obviously pietrangelo is better than oel, gudbranson and fowler right now. but i do believe that oel, gudbrandson and fowler have the ability to be the types of players i'd want in a #1, much like pietrangelo is on the road to being. i don't really know how you're not getting this. so essentially you're attacking me because i don't think subban will be a legit #1, which i've already denoted as a subjective opinion, and you have an issue with my listing techniques? ok then.
Well, to be fair,if I said Leblanc would be better than Couturier and listed him with the likes of Turris, Brassard, and Ric Staal, and said they were all better than Couturier, you might have an equivalent reaction to "poetryinmotion". When you look at a player an make it seem like other players are better without any way to substantiate your opinion, you leave yourself open to these kinds of attacks. Some people feel like you are being insulting for no good reason, and then want a reason. I am not "poetryinmotion", but I have seen him post, and he is usually rather fair. My guess is that he feels you are simply dismissing Subban for no good reason, and would like to have a reason beyond your "feeling" that Fowler and the others will be better than Subban.

Of course, you do not HAVE to give "poetryinmotion" an answer. You can just ignore him. I am curious as well as to why you would take OEL, Gudbranson, and Fowler (he so does NOT seem like a Philly type of d-man to me!!) before Subban. Statistically, and based on having watched them all play multiple times, I do believe Subban IS better, and will be better. I like all of the guys you listed, and think they all have great attributes. I do believe Subban is already a better commodity, and will continue to be so. Of course, you mgith call me biased because I am a die hard Habs fan, but I hope you consider that I actually am open to discussion on the topic.