View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The amount of hate this guy gets for playing half a season on a last place team under a lame-duck coach is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Seriously are you surprised as Andy said ? We have the WORST fans in hockey, and most just pretend to be knowledgeable to sneak in hockey conversations.
While I completely agree that he's a good depth player, he was probably, after Gomez, the most underperforming player on the team last season. A lot of players on the team were bad, granted, but his production was very far from what it usually is, and when he's not producing, he's not doing much else. I think he deserves some of the blame he's getting.

He did play some decent PK minutes for us though, and I'll agree that half a season under coach RC isn't a good sample at all. I was looking forward to his debut this season, thinking he was going to do much better. Sadly, that will have to wait until November.

With all that said, while I'm not glad he's got injured, I'm thinking this could give a guy like Leblanc, Gallagher or Palushaj to step up and prove they belong in the NHL. They were going to get called up eventually, and I'd rather have them start the season in the AHL and get a call-up later in the season, but in the end, I think all three could use some NHL ice time.

Hopefully, Bourque has a quick and painless recovery and gets back with the team in great shape, playing the best hockey of his career.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote