View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 07:56 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
To me, it's almost shocking that all 4 of SJ's centres have managed to stick around as long as they have. With this year's first round exit to the blues, heads should've probably been rolling, instead nothing. I guess for a team like the Sharks, it really comes down to having to find the right move to part with a centre. Maybe they're holding out to get another #2/3 calibre defenceman?

In Boston, I don't think Krejci's departure is all that imminent. Kelly is a good #3 centre, but Bergeron is a GREAT #3 centre. Let's not forget that in Boston they did run with Savard/Krejci/Bergy down the middle with success, and there doesn't seem to be a very strong reason why they couldn't do that with Seguin/Krejci/Bergy for at least next year, any maybe beyond depending on what the cap ends up at and Seguin's 2nd contract.

In Colorado, I think there's more urgency to move a guy, simply because they're not a big budget team that can afford to have a $6.6m centre that isn't their top guy. Stastny seems to be the odd man out, and I guess it'll come down to the specifics of the new CBA and ROR's next contract that determine whether or not it'll be this year or not.

I don't think Briere becomes available until next offseason. There's just not enough experience for Philly to rely on up the middle right now.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote