View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Explain to me why would the Oilers want Franson, when they have Petry, J.Schultz, and Whitney. There's no reasoning to it, the OP clearly hadn't thought out the trade. As to Colborne, your shoveling it a bit deep aren't you, the knock on Colborne is that he has no heart or drive. The Oilers have Martindale they don't need another like him. Franson and Colborne wouldn't get you MPS and the offer would have Tambo laughing for years.

To say Teubert is a bust shows how much some people know about him. Yes he needs to work on his decision making and put on some size, but he's only 22. he still has a couple of years and he was OKC's top D last year.
I agree that you guys don't really need Franson, but who do you have on your team that has a good shot from the point? Potter? Those players are the thing that keeps you in the basement for 3 years. Colborne has more potential and probablility of getting it than Martindale, (7.5C/7D on HF) R.M has near-busted. Please show me where you found the knock on Joe Colborne is drive/heart, because that's your very own Martindale. Colborne is used to dominating with his size, and is still adjusting. His knock is not using his size, which will come with experience. Keep on dreaming about MPS, to bad he couldn't stay on the team that finishes 30th, 30th, 29th since getting drafted..

Teubert will be a serviceable bottom pair dman, but not much more than that. Just because he is your AHL's top pair D, doesn't mean much or should Leafs expect to have Mark Fraser, the top D on the Calder finals team, become a top 4 dman? No, because neither will be one.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote