View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 11:04 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Bought ALL of my gear for Chris Chelios' "Learn to Play" class that starts September 6th. Spent $120 on; used pants and chest pads (both look like new), new hockey socks, practice jersey, shin pads, and elbow pads. Yikes hockey is expensive...

$120 for above mentioned gear
$70 for Bauer 4500 Helmet
$70 for Bauer 4 roll gloves
$90 for Warrior 11k stick
$20 for practice wood stick
$150 x2 for "Learn to Skate" lessons
$110 for "Learn to Play" lessons
$100 (roughly) for all the Public skates i went to since March
$45 for used Bauer Total One skates
+___________
=$925 spent on hockey since February.

You know what though, i dont regret a single dollar. I've been watching the Hawks play since they drafted Toews, have been playing hockey video games since NHL 95, and have absolutely loved all things hockey since 2007. Just learning how to skate has been phenomanal. I'm 22 and my only regret is that i didn't start learning this earlier. I've never done anything this challenging and then STUCK WITH IT. Its honestly a daily pat on my back knowing that i went from never skating before to being able to do backwards crossovers in 6 months. All the hard work i've put in, all the 15 early ass, post drinking, Saturday morning Learn to Skates, all those 2-3 public skate sessions per week this summer, really paid off.

I played baseball from when i was 5 until 17 and even just skating completely blows it out of the water. I couldn't be happier that i'm doing this.
Awesome post!

I need gear buying tips from you! $120 for all that rocks, along with $45 for TotalOnes, and $70 for Bauer 4-rolls.