Thread: Proposal: Edm-Tor
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 10:57 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
A RHD who can provenly slide into a top 4 position and play shutdown and PK minutes

Boychuk from Boston would be the most obvious target. Boston would listen if they could get a top 4 back, or get one thru trading the asset we sent them - OR FA.

Personally ive imagined a pairing of NShultz and Boychuk for regular 60 and PK and Smid and Boychuk for last minute shut downs.

Smid Petry
NSchultz Boychuk
Whitney JSchultz
Sutton

I like Whitney but i will wait until camp to see if i should expect much out of him this year. If he is 100% we might move him once his market value is higher.

The reason why Boston would be open to trading Boychuk are the exact reasons he would be what the oilers are looking for. Boston would trade him because although he can handle top 4 minutes with Chara he isnt really a top Dman. He is a dman that can log alot of time, make good d decisions and put on hits. although he has a solid shot hes not going to be setting up crisp outlets to bolting wingers. What the Oilers need is a 3rd RHD who can handle a tough defensive load in an offensive system - ESPECIALLY while Justin Schultz gets acquainted. He would be slipping on the right where Petry and J Schultz are, thus upgrading on Potter. We just need him to do what he does, and we got the guys to take care of the other parts.

Last edited by oilinblood: 08-29-2012 at 11:09 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote