Old
08-30-2012, 03:55 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Had my summer league championship game.

We've had a pretty easy year, going something like 10-2, so the playoffs have been the first real challenge, although our last few games we've outshot the other teams 2:1. Tonight the other team showed up and scored first, then we scored and again shorthanded, and they answered back on the same PP to make it 2-2.

I took a rare penalty...a guy football tackled me and I shoved him out of the way as I went to the net for the loose puck. If you've ever seen Slapshot, the Hanson brothers, they are based on real life guys, and one of them is a ref for our league...so I was arguing with him about my crosscheck

So they score on the PP, and again in the 3rd period...we're down 4-2. About 8 minutes left, we've been buzzing all period, we finally get one in and get within one.

Two minutes left, we tie it up.

As the clock's winding down, our guys get a shot and drive the net, there's a scrum, then one of them starts jumping and celebrating...refs take a look...we got the go ahead goal with 6.8 seconds left on the clock. Defend the dying seconds...and we win.

Absolutely crazy, one of the craziest games I've ever been a part of. Of course, I didn't score or get any points or do much other than forecheck because this is a higher level for me, but still a blast.
Wow, sounds like a good game, congratulations!

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka