View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 08:19 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina View Post
While you're justified hatred of Barrasso might cloud you judgement you are absolutely right. He had his moments of great play though, but lets not kid ourselves. While Pittsburgh has had probably the greatest group of offensive players in recent decades, the goaltending has been the opposite. There were moments when I was much more comfortable with Kenny Wregget in net than Tommy B, for crying out loud. He was a big part of the cup teams, especially in 1992 though.

He could be great but he could be awful too, with plenty of mediocre play in between. Sadly, Marc Andre Fleury seems to be following a similar path, hopefully he picks it back up because he has the talent to be the greatest Pens netminder.
Yeah I definitely hate the guy but I'll never say he wasn't a good (at times great) goalie. The only thing elite about him however is his level of jackassery.

Patrick Roy was elite. Dominik Hasek, Martin Brodeur, Ken Dryden, Terry Sawchuk, Glenn Hall, Jacques Plante. These guys are elite. That word gets thrown around way too much.

The only reason Tom Barrasso should crack our top 10 players of all time is because he was the best of a pretty mediocre group of goalies that have played for this franchise.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote