Thread: Speculation: Brad Richardson
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
I think he would be an excellent match for Columbus.

He is a good leader and would really help bolster our bottom 6. His style would mesh extremely well with Dorsett's and they would make 2/3rds of a line that would be extremely hard to play against.

His being brought in would help solidify guys like Foligno and Dubinsky in their roles as top 6 forwards. It would insulate guys like Jenner who are projected to slot into a 2-way role at some point. At the very least, he is a better Ryan Russell. At most, he could be a cheap replacement for Pahlsson and mentor for guys like Gillies and Jenner.

Problem is, Columbus's 2nd may likely be quite high and our 3rd may be owned by the Rags if they don't make the finals.

I would offer Mayorov + 4th rounder 2013. Mayorov's time in Columbus is likely done despite doing plenty to excite the fans. He is signed in the KHL for next season, but given the probability of a lockout I think he wouldnt be hurt by that fact. He is in a similar position as Loktionov and I think would benefit by playing in the LAK system being a projected 3rd/4th line player that has decent size and an NHL caliber wrist shot.

Last edited by Crede777: 08-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote