View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 10:32 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Bad faith offer? You know how negotiations work. Aim high, settle somewhere in between.

If you can't see that the system is failing still, then I don't know what to tell you man. I have always looked at the last CBA as a stepping stone to where the owners wanted to go all along. They had to get the salary cap in place first. That was huge. Now they can set out to further right the ship financially so all teams can compete fairly.

PS - never said it was Fehr's "fault", but to suggest he's not playing a HUGE role in this work stoppage is naive at best, moronic at worst.
Yes, bad faith. The owners knew the players wouldn't accept anything close to their initial offer. That's bad faith negotiating. I understand you want to get everything you can in negotiations, but you have to present an offer that's got a chance of being at least considered.

If I walk into a BMW dealer and offer $5000 for a new 3 series, that's not aiming high, that's a bad-faith offer.

Pinning anything specifically on Donald Fehr's shoulders is simply sensationalizing the situation. Obviously, whoever was in charge of player negotiations would have a major contribution to any potential lockout, simply due to his role.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote