View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Yes, bad faith. The owners knew the players wouldn't accept anything close to their initial offer. That's bad faith negotiating. I understand you want to get everything you can in negotiations, but you have to present an offer that's got a chance of being at least considered.

If I walk into a BMW dealer and offer $5000 for a new 3 series, that's not aiming high, that's a bad-faith offer.

Pinning anything specifically on Donald Fehr's shoulders is simply sensationalizing the situation. Obviously, whoever was in charge of player negotiations would have a major contribution to any potential lockout, simply due to his role.

Your BMW analogy doesn't work at all. There's a clear market value AND cost of manufacturing a BMW. A $5k offer isn't bad faith, it's simply dumb because it doesn't even cover the cost of the car and has no chance of being accepted.

High level/big corporation negotiations work much differently and I don't think you have a grasp of those nuances. I've been privileged enough to have been in on some corporate takeover/mergers discussions and negotiations and if you don't think the guy with the clear upper hand isn't making painful, insultingly low offers when negotiations start...you're fooling yourself.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote