Thread: Proposal: Pittsburgh - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 11:37 AM
SIDGENO8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
I think you just haven't looked deep enough into TK. His even strength production is at top 6 level when you weight for ice time. He just never gets any PP time to pad his stats (when he has, he's done fairly well).

Very underrated player that has top level compete effort on every shift. I don't want the Pens to trade him to anybody unless they get a Gogo/Neal-Niskannen type of deal.

TK is so much better than Talbot it's not even close. TK can drive the play without relying on other players like Talbot (who wouldn't be the best skater at any public skate).

He's (TK) been a positive Corsi player every year of his career (having better Corsi numbers than Crosby and Malkin for a couple of years)

TK averages about 2.0 even strength points / 60min ice time. Top 6 cut off level is about 1.6 Pts/60

Last year, this placed him ahead of Taylor Hall, Vanek, Backstrom, Grabovski, Perron, Ryan, Skinner, Jagr, Eric Staal, Nash, Marleau, (I could keep going). Do you get my point? TK produces at even strength, and he does it at a high level. He only makes 2mil. He has NOT produced at a 3rd line level. PIT's 3rd line usually went up against top lines too.

TK is vastly underrated and does not get the opportunity from his ill informed coaching staff to shine.
I completely agree with you, he is one of the most underrated players on HF.