View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Do you want people currently interested in hockey or new people to come to the sport? I'm not saying run the NE dry of teams. but having 7/30 teams in the states of PA/NJ North isn't a fair number to the rest of the country/Canada. Moving 2-3 teams out of the NE and into other parts of the country still leaves 4-5 teams there.

Kansas City.... Omaha.... Topeka I don't really care. The details can be worked out, but seeing a large gap from St. Louis to Denver going west is a lot of empty space the league could fill with a team in that area.

Is Salt Lake any different than Phoenix as far as surrounding community? they're both in the middle of a desert. I think Salt Lake would be more favorable though because of the Winter games, and it's farther north.
Moving teams out of the Northeast to just fill in the middle of the country in markets that aren't even that big is absurd. Topeka and Omaha would be horrible markets for the NHL. If you don't see the NBA, MLB, or NFL moving there then you have know there's a damn good reason why the NHL shouldn't go there. I am all for growing the game, but it's a business too and there really isn't any upside to moving a NYC team to Omaha freakin Nebraska.

Also, give me teams that should be moved to these markets? You said Buffalo which is absurd. You might as well say Pittsburgh only that is less of a stretch. Buffalo has one of the most dedicated fan bases in the US. I agree we should look to move one of NYI or NJ but not both. If I had to move a team, I'd send one of NYI or Devils to Seattle. Of course that doesn't help the South. I'd also give Kansas City or even Las Vegas a team before Omaha, Topeka, whatever else small city in the middle of corn fields.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote