Thread: Proposal: Pittsburgh - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2012, 04:12 PM
wgknestrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I get your point that Corsi numbers are totally irrelevant if you use it as a measuring stick to compare skill of players. I take any one of those players you said TK was ahead of.

I get that he may be underrated, but he's not that good. I'd love to have him, but he isn't THAT good.

I think he's exactly the kind of player that is cheap to acquire despite bringing a lot. Like how Flyers fans say Matt Read is worth a lot when he probably isn't...I think TK is the same way.
I did NOT state that he was ahead of those players in Corsi. He is ahead of those players in 5v5 pts / 60min ice time. Big difference. His point production rate is very similar to those players I mentioned at even strength. I wouldn't have thought those were his peers either in 5v5 production.

The Corsi just shows that he drives the play via puck possession so his point production should be (and has been) repeatable. Just remember he doesn't get many minutes/game. More minutes = more opportunity for points.

Your perspective of offensive players would change greatly if they didn't get tons of PP time to pad their point stats. TK has produced good results in this league for many years now. I have provided data to back up my opinion of him.