View Single Post
Old
05-02-2006, 01:15 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick

nevermind.
He is right.. Ryder isnt really good defensively and I question his hockey sense but overall, he definitively wont hurt his line as much as Dagenais will... Ryder has limited skills but there is still room for improvment.. Still a major upgrade over Dagenais, at least Ryder can do some interesting things with the puck, can skate in this league, what Dagenais just cant...

I see no reason to get rid of Ryder... If we can package him to get something really good in return ok, if not keep him and let him fight with the other kids for ice time next year.

He is not my favorite as most people know, I had always doubted back to the AHL time that he had the skills and hockey sense to play in the NHL but he proved me wrong at a certain point.. Some nights you will see him show flash of promising and believe he still can improve.. One thing sure, he hasnt the hockey sense, grit and defensive awareness to play on bottom lines, he will have to make his mark as a top 6 fowards.. Personally I doubt but we have to give him time...

I dont know about his real value on the market but maybe Gainey will use him as trade assets this summer.