Thread: Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
nobody is saying anything optomistic about savard ever coming back... my own worries is he manages to pass a physical at some point at which time his insurance will probably refuse to pay out and at which time he will become ineligible for the ltir too.

but last i heard there was no risk of him passing the physicial anytime soon.

sadly even if his concusion issues do clear up {and of course we all hope they do for his quality of life} he has still been away from the game for a long time now. He is also north of 30. Guys that are away from the game for too long at this age rarely make successful comebacks unless they are super super motivated

savard never had a reputation even at the best of times to be a super super motivated guy. I would be incredibly shocked at this point if he ever plays another game in the NHL even if he did get healthy enough to do it. So for his sake I hope he doesnt pass his physical until he gets his money... and after that I hope he gets his perfect health back. Thats about the best end to this story that I think we have a realistic chance of hoping for.