View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Derp Kassian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I still remember thinking the same thing about Schroeder - yeah, he had a bad season in NCAA where he showed almost nothing, but he had a really good time in the AHL (15 points in 17 games, including 6 in 6 during the playoffs) so he's still going to tear it up as a pro...

I still have hope for Schroeder but he's not the dynamic offensive threat that we had hoped, and I doubt Jensen is either.
Most fans tend to overhype their prospects and project them to be better then they are. I don't think JS ever had the dynamic offense. A lot of the scouting reports pre draft and after compared him to Kane when he was closer to Gagner. I do wonder how he went from a guy who was too good for college to a guy who struggled in the AHL for almost 2 years. The last year with the Gophers seemed to be where he dipped.

I also think most fans don't expect Jensen to be elite but a probable 2nd line player who could net 25-30 a few times if everything goes right. I don't see the Jeff Carter production/defensive play that people seem to think he can reach.

Last edited by Derp Kassian: 08-31-2012 at 04:28 AM.