Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #14
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 06:49 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
I went with Ponich. While Edmundson projected skills are better than Ponich, Ponich has been able to bring his game to the next level. Edmundson could be a better player long term with more offensive upside, if he can play the speed of the next level. I'm hoping for big things from Ponich.......this year, and improve on his impressive +/- as well as taking on more responsibility in a shut down role. Really...either defenseman is a decent pick here. Lots of toughness, size, and defensive game either way.

Looking at Andronov, I can't help but remember all of the Russians being drafted with 5 points in 40 games and they are projected to be a sniper or top 3 to 6 forward. Most of the teams in the KHL have at least 5 guys that were AHL/NHL players that generally put up 20 goals and 40 to 50 points in the AHL and were at least 20 to 40 point guys in the NHL. Many of them had similar stats early in their careers as Andronov. Keep in mind that they are attracting even more talent than before from Sweden and Finland in the KHL. We may get more out of him than we are giving him credit for this year.

I don't think Eronen is getting enough attention either as a skilled player. He was the leading scoring defenseman with 9 goals and 18 assist in a pro league that featured a veteran defense. This is a significant jump from the previous year.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote