View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 10:05 AM
DL44

vCash: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Just a question about this, where exactly are you getting the evidence in how much each stat is weighed?
The goal was to select only statistical categories which reflected the defensive part the the game. So thats difficult in itself.

But after selecting the handful of categories above, I.took poll and tried to determine which categories were relatively considered more important.

So that's the subjective part. In an earlier version, I ran the numbers as all equal, but there was obvious difference in importance of some of the stats and a significant effect of superior team play.... But I.did love the look of the shorthanded results of the list...

Quote:
Quality of competition Corsi quality of Comp Relative Corsi ... ( i don't know the difference between relative and regular) (Goals against while Off/60) - (Goals against while On/60) Blocked shots PDO - Team shooting % + team save % while player is On the ice Zone start % Difference in Zone finish % vs zone start %

Categories weighed equally, with significant weight on ice time.

Top 10 5on5 Defensive Defensmen:
1. Zdeno Chara 2. Ryan Suter 3. Dan Hamhius 4. Marc Staal 5. Matt Carle 6. Dan Garardi 7. Brett Clarke 8. Dion Phaneuf 9. Toni Lydman 10. Travis Harmonic

Top 10 Shorthanded Defensive Defensmen:
1. Hal Gill 2. Brooks Orpik 3. Zbynek Michalek 4. Willie Mitchell 5. Marc Staal 6. Mike Weaver 7. Jason Garrison 8. Dan Hamhuis 9. Stephan Robidas 10. Nik Kronwall

Top 10 Overall Defensive Defensmen: 1. Dan Hamhuis 2. Marc Staal 3. Dan Girardi 4. Greg Zanon 5. Toni Lydman 6. Brent Burns 7. Zdeno Chara 8. Kimmo Timonen 9. Willie Mitchell 10. Ryan Suter

Last edited by DL44: 08-31-2012 at 10:18 AM.
DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote