View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Personally, first and foremost for me, is that we get a new CBA that is favourable to the long term viability of the Winnipeg Jets franchise. I want an NHL that allows TNSE to be able to turn a profit while competing for the Stanley cup if their management has the skill to build the right team. If that takes us losing some time then I will suck it up. Winnipeg got back into the NHL partially on the back of the last lock out which delivered a hard cap. Of coarse i would prefer this to happen without a lock out but that might not be possible.

Edit: Woops it looks like Broinwhyteridge beat me to it (lol)
Honest question though: is there any indication that an extended bargaining process, or a lockout, works in favour of the long term viability of the Jets i.e. as opposed to hammering out something here and now?

I ask because I see this forming as a consensus, and TBH I can't be bothered to look into this process with too much effort because each time I consider how millionaires and billionaires are fighting over the middle class's money, the inner ice-hockey-road-hockey-cheering-on-the-Jets child inside me dies a little bit more.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote