View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 11:47 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
At the same time, I think it's hard for Calgary fans to 'love the pick' as I've seen quite a few say. He's a long-term project and until he plays against higher competition on a regular basis nobody knows what Calgary has in him, including Flames management.
Posted June 16th by moi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I actually hope for a trade down. Somewhere in the 18-25 range so we can grab a guy like Mark Jankowski and pick up another pick. It sounds as though he is super raw but has as much upside as anyone in the draft. It would be a super risky pick, but its what we need.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1198137&page=4

Of course I only said this not knowing Teravainen was gonna slip to us haha. I was probably one of the few Flames fans that was happy with the pick from Day 1. It took a some time and some exposure to have the rest come around. Jankowski looks like a very modest and humble kid, and I can tell you he is very talented. He is an absolute bean pole however and desperately needs to bulk up. The College route will be perfect for that as its shorter schedule will allow for more gym time, and less weight loss due to hockey.