View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 04:03 PM
sabregoat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Its even bigger than that. I coach at Hamburg and in order to get enough ice time for the organization (mostly the travel and girls teams) they've booked huge chunks of ice time every year at the E. Aurora rink ( I believe Hamburg takes close to half the ice time there). While a neat idea its hardly a place you want to play a state qualifying game and its more expensive than the Nike Base. Hamburg also has ice at Leisure and the Nichols small rink. Most teams double up ice and its made if very hard to grow the girls program with the inability to have more than 4 girls teams for any season. This is an issue (ice time for the entire organization and growing the girl programs) with most local organizations.

The point I'm getting at is organizations like Hamburg, West Seneca, etc will be looking to grab ice there. Or will grab the ice opened up by others getting ice there.
Last year out of almost 50 games, my sons Hamburg travel team had 4 game at the Nike base. This years team has had to share 5 out of 15 practices so far.

sabregoat is offline   Reply With Quote