View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Corey Perry*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Lindholm...I mean can you really blame me? I prepped myself for this draft since December and I was looking forward to making a splash to make up for the joke that was last year's season. I was on my way to our family vacation when the pick was made so I didn't get any time on HF, but the rage would've been legendary. It was worse at the time because we got hit with the Bobby Ryan mess and Visnovsky trade within minutes before our pick. So, when I saw that Reinhart and Rielly went 4 and 5 I had my fingers crossed on a variety of options. Forsberg, Grigorenko, Dumba, Trouba, even Faksa. Not having watched him enough I had Lindholm around 16-20 so seeing him get picked was just the third strike/letdown for me. I had heard some people suggest that with Schultz' departure we needed a replacement and I brushed those notions aside. I still maintain that 3 offensive minded defensemen is too many but hopefully Hampus' d-game is passable, I mean...the thought of Fowler, Gardiner, Schultz, and Vatanen on the same blueline always made me squeamish. I'm still a bit upset that we passed on Trouba (at least he went to the Jets, their blueline is very solid if he and Bogosian pan out), Forsberg, and Grigorenko but I'm not as upset as I was on draft day. That's for sure.
I don't know how you got to thinking that Lindholm was an offensive defenseman. Everything I've heard about him points to him being more of a two way/defensive defenseman. A lot of people said that he's like Nicklas Kronwall without the physicality. His game is a bit different from Fowler and Vatanen.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote