View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
Back from the game.

The tempo and the speed of the game was higher than yesterday.
Here's some observations.

ZHARKOV - J. CRAMAROSSA duo was dominating. 2 Goals by CRAMAROSSA.

11 MING, Andrew, This guy had a really good game.He hit the post once. Good on the forecheck, he didnt look bad on the PK too. Have some offensive flair but i see him more in a defensive forward. Could play in the league right now on a 4th line. Only 16yo.

23 PETTI, Will play in the league this year. Natural skater. Nice speed. Tons of offensive talent.

13 KUPTSOV. Excellent forward. Can stickhandle at high speed.

12 CARNEVALE Didnt see him much. Made a nice pass once.

28 SANDLAK He had a nice game. Good hitter.

18 BRICKNELL Lacks Major junior skating speed.

11 COBBOLD. Nice project but he better spend another year in midget this year. More of a floater than a guy that go get the puck. Small frame, doesnt look fully grown, well not enough for the big league. Need to react more quickly. Good skater. Good offensive upside. Will be more ready at 17 to make the jump.

26 SILAS Looks solid in his own end. He complemented well his partner De SOUSA.

27 De Sousa Like i said yesterday. Blue Chip. Above average skating. Good first pass. Can take the puck and lead the rush. Looks alot more mature on the ice than his age. Nice slap shot. Made a mistake at the end of the game but nothing to be mad about. Should have been a first rounder.

6 POWERS. Good defensively. Nice skating.

There was a small fight at the end. I think it was between 23 MORRIS and 28 SANDLAK but i could be wrong.

That's about it.
From what I observed and what others have said to me is that there appears to be a more overcautious appearance by many players not to look out of sorts defensively. In other words players in general may not want to appear to be turning over lots of pucks and thus being liabilities since usually there's not much defense in these 'Shinnie' type games. Scoring has been spread out quite a bit and older Crammer might be the only 2 goal game so far this entire camp. The word I heard was exhaustion...maybe wheeling/practicing on the big ice surface is killing these guys? Now's when you wanna skate on a small sheet of ice, lol.