View Single Post
Old
08-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Cocoa Crisp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
Big fan of the Canucks Army top-20 list, was especially great to see the quotes from coaches and scouts who have seen them play much more than the average fan. I believe first-hand info like this is the best way to form an opinion about a player like a McNally without having seen any more than a highlight reel or two.

Now that their top-20 list is done, as is the Canucks fan board list, the topic I think is most interesting prospect-wise is the Wolves roster. I don’t know about the rest of you, but every time I saw another signing of a forward with #13 potential or potential #7 defensemen I cringed... My opinion is that we are quite overstocked with low-ceiling AHL “stars” and, especially if there is a lockout, it’s going to be the toughest year ever for Canucks AHL prospects to get significant ice time.
Excellent post. It's a very good point that bears discussing: is Chicago a good AHL partner for us and what are the contingencies if and when a lockout occurs. It's probably worth mentioning that the AHL will be even more congested than you're already suggesting: marginal NHLers will also be looking for work in the next-best North American league.