View Single Post
Old
05-02-2006, 12:40 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
I wish I could bring back a thread that was on this board the day we lost Beauchemin on waivers, near two years ago (September 13th 2004). I remember posters stating: there is no room for him on our roster anyway... Hainsey is our 5th D-man, Bouillon our 7th and we will sign an UFA.....

You don't need to state on this thread that you agree and that you were wrong.... but just remember it.

Beauchemin has a huge shot.... something Habs have to rely on to hit the net against Carolina since Laviolette's system consist in blocking plays in the ****.

Ok, I found some quotes form the archives:
http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-80433.html

Additionnaly, you will find two threads on Beauchemin on this page: http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/f-16-p-24.html

In that thread, most of you felt he had a good potential... go see it by yourself... I only place here some funny answers and deleted the nick of people who may feel they were wrong.

Reaper4505-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Quick question for you guys.

What is the value of Francois Beauchemin? Is he an NHL caliber d-man? 5-6 guy?
Career AHL'er?

05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
He was exposed in the waiver draft last year if my memory serve me right.
That tells you his value.

Rahan05-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Goes to show you how many of you actually know something about our prospects, or have seen them play. Beauchemin is the best defenseman prospect we have after Komisarek, in term of development. Hainsey has a bigger upside, but that's another story. Beauchemin could be a 6th defenseman IMO, and could be a good one. I guess "montreal" doesn't post enough about Beauchemin for him to get any respect.

05-26-2004, 10:10 PM
This is more of a reflection of our defensive depth than Beauchemin's abilities. He will never see the NHL, unless its expansion. If he can't knock Bouillon from the NHL depth chart, he's done.
montreal05-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Beauchemin isn't a prospect by HF standards, he's played in over 250 professional games (AHL/ECHL) and he's 24. But he's been the dogs top defensemen in the last 2 years, although he's only gotten to play in 1 game for the Habs, which is hard to figure since he's been solid in Hamilton.

For Beauchemin to be a 6th, he'll have to beat out Bouillon. I'd be all for it, but Julien seems to have a thing for the Cube. I'd love to see them rotate the 2 guys next year to see who does better, but I just dont see them doing that. Plus there's Hainsey, who seems to always have a good camp, so it's not going to be easy for Beauchemin to make the Habs.

montreal, damn you were right... Gainey should hire you... we have no scout in Quebec!

So, who's the chick?