View Single Post
Old
12-04-2003, 04:36 PM
IronMarshal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindA17
Clarke would release him, no problem. Remember Roger Nielson? He had cancer and was promised his job back when he returned from therapy. Clarke dopped him easily. Clarke is a *******, a good GM, but a *******.

I did not say the team would fall apart, I just don't want any problems. The news could travel through the locker room and who knows what kind of affect it could have?

The NHL is a business, and unfortunately, what's best for the team is what must be done.

I wish Lapointe the best, but the Flyers don't need any problems and it wouldn't be a huge loss at all.
I think it is probably alcohol. Clarke may dump him later if it was drugs, and I doubt he would sound so supportive. The Flyers have had pretty good luck with rehabbing alcohol problems (Darryl Stanley, Fridge, and a couple of ex phantoms come to mind). The Nielsen thing (sorry about the calousness of "thing" but I think it works) effected the whole team. The team was playing much better going into the playoffs, and in all honesty, they were not responding to Roger. I understand your point and reasoning, but I don't agree with your assessment. Just personal choice.
A fourth line center will not have the same impact as a coach anyway, and that makes the comparison apples and oranges.