Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
09-01-2012, 08:42 AM
poetryingasoline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I can never comprehend the appeal of talk radio as a medium because anytime I turn on a radio I expect tunes to be playing and turn the dial if they're not.

To me print media is the right media for discussion, thought, analysis. In depth Spoken word radio makes my eyes roll around in my head. Like get to the point already. Perhaps because we can process information 10 times faster on a visual, than auditory basis. Also that we don't write down every uh, er, what, um, and expect anybody to read all the filler...

So I RARELY if ever post in these threads or listen to sports programming.

But Strudwick?

Whats the appeal?

The first thing I think about is career yes man that won't have an interesting thing to state.

His career may not be as interesting as say Paul Coffey's but he can explain events and aspects of hockey that we will never experience. On top of that, he can connect with the listener effectively which is something I cannot say for a lot of talk show radio personalities. I wish he could replace Drew Ramenda (Saskatoon)

Last edited by poetryingasoline: 09-01-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: choppy sentence