View Single Post
Old
09-01-2012, 10:20 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
I totally agree with you DA.

Kaberle is often referred as the 7th or 8th defenseman on these forums. It just goes to show you how little some of these posters actually know, they are too obsessed with a "youth" movement in guys like Diaz, Emelin and Weber. I can concede that Emelin deserves to play on the roster just as much as Kaberle, but in my eyes Diaz is the 7th man this year and rightfully so.

He is probably equal or maybe *slightly* better than Kaberle defensively was this year, but Kaberle was also severely out of shape and in season's past it would have been no comparison Kaberle was better hands down. Kaberle has proven he can still put up 40+ points in the NHL. Having 3 quality puck movers like Markov, Kaberle and Subban only bodes well for our defense.

The redundant options are guys like Diaz and Weber. People seem to love these guys, and even though I think they are decent (Diaz) or have potential (Weber) they still don't contribute the way Kaberle does not and the fact we have Beaulieu, Ellis and Thrower in the wings coming up just makes them that much more redundant.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote