Old
09-01-2012, 11:27 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTN View Post
I don't think NCAA will ever let them/us go to Div I. Imagine if SFU draws that top basketball talent in Canada. It might be enough to go on a decent run in March Madness in a good year. There's just too much money involved for the NCAA. They don't want to lose any revenue. I think it's the same reason UBC didn't join, they were eyeing Div I and they knew NCAA wouldn't give it to them.
Um.... no offense, but not thinking many people are worried about a Canadian team making a major run in March Madness.

But even with that, don't get that logic. If anything, you'd think that the NCAA would be interested in opening up a market at least the size of British Columbia or to develop more of a following in Canada then they do now.

Quote:
The hockey team is just club level. SFU doesn't have any rinks on campus, though I'm not sure if that's needed for Div I.
Don't know about SFU's venues, but yeah.... a rink would be required. That being said, lots of small Division I schools with varsity hockey programs already have fairly small arenas, as in 2,000ish seats and under, so who knows? A nearby venue might be more than adequate. Though travel might be a bit of an issue for you guys if you ever wanted to jump up to varsity hockey.

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: 09-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote