View Single Post
Old
09-01-2012, 11:36 AM
egelband

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Flyers fan stopping by to say Kreider will be a force. I see so much of Patrick Marleau in him with his speed, shot, and size. I could easily see him being a more high profile Marleau because of the opportunity he will get in NYR.

I think Kreider is the safest pick for the Calder considering his age and experience. The only thing in his way will be the depth in front of him, although I personally dont think that will be an issue especially with Gaborik out to start-- he should have every opportunity to prove himself at the start of the season. Yakupov should get more ice time, and thus more points, but I think Kreider's dominant presence on the ice will not be lost on Calder voters.

Being totally honest, I am jealous of how well built your team is. First class forward depth, defensive depth, and the best goaltender in the league. On paper, you guys have it all. Lots to look forward for you guys.
that's nice of you to say, particularly about a huge rival. i think it points to the attraction of a (mainly) home-grown roster of players who play the game right. even fans of opposing teams can see the rangers are a respectable team. i have said it a few times, but as life has gotten more complex, i drifted away from paying attention to the rangers. they were just a bunch of hired guns who didn't play with passion or very well. this recent group has sparked my interest again. i know there are a few imports on the roster and all that, but, for whatever reason, this team has charm.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote