View Single Post
Old
05-02-2006, 12:33 PM
StanleyCH25

vCash: 500
I don't think I have to add anything that hasn't already been said by others. Our inability to compete down the middle at the same level as we were with Koivu is pretty clear.

I also agree that we are in need of an upgrade at that position as I don't think Koivu / Ribeiro is a strong enough 1-2 punch. We make up for it with Plekanec and Begin being our 3-4 punch and arguably one of the best 3-4 punch in the league which is probably why we are where we are right now. When healthy, we are ok down the middle but without a big presence to go to the net, it's hard to get a goalie off his game.

We haven't been blown out of the series and we still have a chance to pull off a series upset but it will take a few guys to truly step up their game and limit their mistakes if we are going to advance.

If I were to make one recommendation to Gainey, it would be to find someone willing to sacrifice his body and stand in front of Ward. Preferably someone like Downey or Begin but we could definitely use someone to take a bit of punishment to take him off his game by preventing him from having clear sight of the puck all the time.