View Single Post
Old
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
SCBruCrew4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
There is a kid on my adult league team that is easily the worst player on the team, but has the most expensive gear. He's got top of the line Easton sticks, two of those matte black Easton helmets (one with visor, one with cage) and Bauer APX skates. We are mostly graduate school students who have played some level of college hockey, but somehow this bender got placed in the "A" league I play in rather than te "B" league that he is suited for, and he is just terrible. Super nice kid, but he probably doesn't need $200 sticks haha.

He gets chirped for it by the other teams sometimes, but usually they just deke around him and score. I swear it is like being shorthanded whenever he is out there. Actually it's worse because he literally passes the puck to te other team. End rant...I think he graduated so I look forward to hopefully not going 0-24 this year haha.
When I played paintball I encountered these types all the time, but your teamate sounds like he doesn't rub it in anyones face or boasts about how good he is. So I guess he gets a pass for having the gear in my books. If you (or your parents) can afford it, more power to you. It's not my money lol

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote