View Single Post
Old
09-01-2012, 07:11 PM
2minpenalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I'll choose "other" ...

I don't think we should be in a hurry to trade any of them unless the following circumstance(s) are met:

1. Player asks for a trade
2. Player is center piece in a deal for an established player

I don't really care if they're all "NHL ready" and have to battle for ice time. We've never had this kind of depth at any position before, and to be honest, this is the key to success. If Ryan Murray comes to camp and out-performs everyone for his spot, then he should be on the team. However, the same should go for John Moore, David Savard, Tim Erixon, Kevin Bacon, Cody Goloubef, Nick Holden, and anyone else who has a shot at cracking the lineup. If they don't make the team, then they should be sent down to develop properly, as we have repeatedly failed to do in the past.

With this happening, it makes sense to have these guys ready in case someone gets hurt, or if whoever does make the team has a sophomore slump, they aren't thrust into a role and forced to struggle through it.
I agree with you. Gone are the days when a first rounder gets a free pass. We have depth at this position now and everyone above should be given an equal chance to make the team. Competition never hurt anyone and it should keep everyone on their toes and working hard. Not a bad problem to have!

2minpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote