Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
09-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Today I am still feeling pain in my groin after hockey on Thursday night. It was a men's rec league/pick up hockey game. Pretty fast pace and even. At least it usually is until the best player for the team that I play on didn't show up and their former junior A player who must be in his mid 20's was playing for the other team. Score wasn't too bad only 14-9. It was pretty close until about half way through, so about 40 mins in (we play for 1 1/2 hours) and then our guys just seemed to lose it.

Every time we went into the neutral zone there was a turnover and they came back on me on an odd man rush. I like being tested and having lots of shots, but this was beyond me. I'm a decently in shape young goalie but constantly moving from one side of the crease to the other took a toll on me. I didn't feel it so much during the game but afterwards ouch.

As soon as I sat down in the dressing room I realized wow my neck doesn't feel so great. Who knew tracking the puck across the crease so many times would make your neck hurt?

Still though nothing seems permanently damaged so I'm ready for round 2