Thread: Proposal: Edm-Tor
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
He'd be one of their 6 best defencemen and top 3 offensive defencemen. It really is that simple... you can look for a multitude of specific reasons why you don't want him, and I could look for a multitude of specific reasons why you do want. At the end of the day, it's all ####. You get better by getting better players. Franson is a better player than what the Oilers have.
Your reasons are anything but specific. I see nothing to back up your claims short of "cuz I said so.". The only guy I see Franson as an upgrade over are Peckham and Potter, so basically our 7 and 8 guys. J Schultz and Sutton (likely our bottom pairing) would be basically on par with a player like Franson, except one is a 22yr old rook who needs playing time and the other is a stay at home seasoned vet with toughness who is the perfect compliment to a young, offence first rookie Dman. So in theory, Franson is likely good enough to be a 5/6 guy on our team, but not really an upgrade over the two aforementioned, nor would it make sense to play him ahead of those guys.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote