View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

vCash: 500
24, recently graduated for the second time - searching for a job in mechanical engineering/product design/ux design/product management/product engineering. employed as a part time lifeguard. If any of you guys know any places hiring in those departments, let me know. For real, needs a jobby

Moving out of home to live above my dads store (he owns the building) but the apartment needed a lot of work. Originally, it was going to be rented as is - but I hate shag carpet, so I bought hardwood floor and started doing the floors myself. Then my dad came in and started helping, and telling me what else I should do. That led to new ceilings, new kitchen and new bathroom. The cieling/floor is done, the bathroom is up to tile, and the kitchen is a mess. The bathroom floors was layed atop flakeboard (like that stuff that you would see on the bottom of a ****** staples office chair - its meant for ****** furniture, not flooring), and so that got ripped out, and then we found out that the house support beams were cracked and sagging. Fixed those, cause I'm a bawse, and then put down 3/4 plywood floor and wonderboard.

And thats about it