View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 10:43 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Its brutally uninformed posts like this that have Athansiou getting votes right now against other people that deserve it. What hitting ability are you talking about? This guy is arguably the softest Detroit prospect . He is fast, only thing comparable with Helm. He shouldnt be getting votes against guys like Lashoff who have had some pro success, Almquist who was destroying hockey back in the day or Callahan who went to a fricken World Junior championship and is the most likely fourth liner out of most of the prospects. Hes almost a guaranteed NHLer but you voted for Athanasiou.

Some days you guys will watch him play I guess and youll see what I'm talking about, until then just keep reading about speed and flashy hands

He shouldnt...
"He's going to be able to play just because of his skating ability and his speed," Red Wings director of scouting Joe McDonnell said in June. "Then it's just a matter of what he's going to be. Is he going to be a checker or is he going to be a top-two line guy? That's what's going to sort itself out the next five, six years.

"But in my mind, there's no question he's going to play because of his skating."

Here's the report on Hockey's Future

Athanasious has the speed and hands to be a dangerous NHL forward, but his all-around game isn't well developed at this point. He may not have the hockey sense to round into anything more than a utility player, but he does have the physical skills and skating ability to turn into an offensive threat at the pro level.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote