View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magix View Post
I agree with that but its not like zibanejad is a north-south player that relies on his speed/power, we have seen some creativity from him in terms of passing, granted I can only find one video of him doing it in practice but its still something.

Its like the crosby vs ovchekin debates (before ov declined). Crosby had better hockey sense while OV was the naturally more talented athlete. I'm not saying OV didnt have great hockey sense, just saying he relied more on his talent rather than thinking the game when he was arguably the best player in the league.
I'd be saying there is nothing impressive about ovechkins hockey sense. He lives off his physical talents, it allows him to turn poor choices into goals because he has the physical ability to do what most others can't. It's why he was taking so many more shots than everyone else at one point. And you can draw parallels to zibanejad, although not as talented but maybe somewhat smarter

We've got 3 prospects that could take 3 different paths to success, or not to take it at all. In my mind, hockey sense is the one that makes players with good skill great and carries players with great skill through the NHL into their 40s if they so choose. But it is clear great skill can you places without great hockey sense. I like the players that seamlessly make others more effective.

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 09-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.