View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
logically, but in all likelihood there's going to be an NHL season, playoffs - meaning most of Canada's Olympic team will either be busy or decline invitations anyway (as usual) so there'll be no testing of line combinations anyway. I also did not agree that Murray should have been included last year, but the fact is, he was included, and if Canada is going that route, then taking Mackinnon makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than Murray. The new players (change-over from Vancouver) know who they are, Stamkos, Tavaras, Giroux... they already know they got spots, there's no audition for them vying to make the team. The World Championship is an afterthought on the Hockey Canada calender anyway. So, why not take Mackinnon. He'll be a rookie the Olympic year and who knows could very well be in the conversation.
Even though it would make more sense to have MacKinnon than Murray, it doesn't mean it actually makes sense to have MacKinnon on the team . Seriously though, there are so many grown up players in the NHL that are better than MacKinnon, that there's no point in having him there, nor will he be trying to convince the management to pick him for the olympics, thus I don't see a point having him there. However, like you said, if they picked Murray (for whatever reason) then with that logic they should pick MacKinnon. It won't make any sense though

Also what I meant was that team Canada can have an "olympic hopefuls" team, where players have a chance to prove the management that they should be considered.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote