View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 04:03 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
High praise indeed. I like that you put it out there... he's a rare and special talent for sure. He's the best CHL prospect I've seen since the late 80s early 90s. He has the potential to be the best player in the game...but he'll figure that all out for himself along the way... it's just going to be a lot of fun watching him evolve into a pro. I noticed he seemed a little more comfortable and polished in the media scrum after Friday night's game... looks as though summer media training 101 has paid off already.

all this is good news for Nathan Mackinnon who will now be left be alone to become the player he can be without all of the attached Crosby like hoopla. The media and fans have moved on. But it is going to be sooooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeet to watch McDavid and Mackinnon playing on a same line at a World Hockey Championship someday soon.
That would be a great combo as MacKinnon needs the puck in flight and then literally no one will catch him. They gotta hook or interfere to slow him down. But as for McDavid getting 100 points someone is dreaming in Technicolor. I'd love to see him get it but I think a 60 point season where he goes 15 goals and 45 assists is not so lofty but attainable.