View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I guess we have to look at it like this. Do we have a better chance of LA and NYR finishing in the bottom 15 or us getting 2 spots in the lottery in the top 15?
I think the Kings are one of those teams that are primed for a major collapse. Why?

1. Jonathan Quick - Not only do I think his injury situation is a major reason why the team hasn't dealt Jonathan Bernier, but I think this lack of a preseason/early season workout will be a major hindrance on his season as a whole. You take away his stellar play throughout the year, and the Kings don't even make the playoffs.

2. The "Cup Hangover" - This team is chock full of guys known for taking off days as an excuse to set and challenge all sorts of drinking records. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards are just the beginning, really ... throw in Stanley Cup parties and see where it takes them.

3. Youthful Exuberance - This sort of goes with what I mentioned above, but I gave it its own category for beauty's sake. The Kings are still a very young team in this league ... what will matter is whether or not they can take this Cup run in stride and continue to strive for success. It happened in Pittsburgh and Chicago, where the kids came back with really less of a desire to win (though they clearly still have had great teams). I see the same thing with the Kings and their young core.

I love the fact that we held off on that pick until next year. Tanner Pearson may turn out to be a great draft day "steal" for them ... but I'm really curious to see what we get in this draft, which should be a very good one. I think it'll be a better player honestly.