Old
09-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Redwood Original
El Presidente

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I didnt go. Wont go today either.

Would be interested in hearing from someone who did go though.
I went to the game last night. The turn out was poor to mediocre, maybe 500 people if I had to guess. A bunch of scouts from the other teams were coming and going but not a lot of fans.

The game wasn't really an 8-2 affair. The Broncos goalie really stood out for the first half of the game, at which point the shots were twenty something to not so many. The Oil Kings 15 year old goalie Patrick Dea let in a few soft goals early in the third and turned a close game into a laugher.

Kings only dressed 8 or 9 veterans, and many of the rookies got a lot of early burn from the coaching staff. Swift Current had 3 of their top forwards playing (Lowry, Gordon, Derko) and they caused some problems for the OK's defense on more than one occasion.

Mason Geertsen won an extemely lopsided fight, while Travis Ewanyk took it upon himself to jump (and cleanout) a Bronco (Bews?) that had been taking healthy runs at a few young defenders.

All in all, it was everything you'd expect out of an exhibition game where the rookies were the go to guys.