View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He definitely looks like a bull on YouTube. His fights and goals, etc.
Yeah this is the unfortunate thing about the prospect camp. You don't get to see the true nasty side of players like Arnold, Brown, Samuelsson, Martinook, Holland, and Hextall. Which make their games so effective. Some of the smaller player like Shinnimin and Fejes really shined probably partly because of this. Either way small or large, all our players for the most part had a real sense of urgency in puck battles which is a Tip trademark. Think I already said this, but top end talent in years past has been better but the forward depth this year was much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I just want one later draft pick to work out. Please. I know Yandle is a prime example, but other than that we never seem to have any luck with that.
I'm hoping Holland will work out for us as a later round pick. We have a plethora of talented dmen playing on the left. It would be nice to have someone even on the bottom pairing play a nasty game but still make solid decisions with the puck from the right. Thinking somewhere in between Engelland and Greene would be nice. He's probably a few years off from pro but I think he's going to make a real impact for his college team. Didn't look raw to me at all compared to all the other dmen who came from much better leagues.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote