Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Linus Omark signs a 1-year deal with EV Zug (Switzerland)
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Even with a lot being lost in translation, his attitude and entitlement still shine right through.

The problem with Omark is he seems to think he deserves to be in the NHL. His game is raw and in need of more conditioning in the minors before he is able to be a positive impact at the NHL level.

Too many times we hear how sore and disappointed he is that he 1) doesn't make it out of camp 2) Gets sent down 3) Has to play in the AHL. The guy has really rubbed management the wrong way with his poor attitude. Yes, he's talented but he feels entitled to a valuable roster spot that he hasn't deserved.

Contrast to Paajarvi, who has understood and taken his ups and downs with class and with no backtalk to Swedish media. He handles his situation in complete contrast to Omark and it seems that management sees that and gives him more chances and for good reason.

I can see things from Omark's perspective as well. He's someone who wants to begin his NHL career as soon as possible and thinks he has the ability to do so. Many players have reasonably selfish reasons for wanting the things they do, but much of that is usually tempered with a team-oriented attitude towards winning and a team-first mentality.. I don't see that in Omark. I see someone looking to capitalize as fast as possible. His comments and demands have made it seem like he doesn't care who is currently more deserving of the spot.

For those reasons, I think Omark will find himself struggling in this way on any team he goes to. He is turning into Robbie Schremp v.2.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote