View Single Post
Old
09-02-2012, 11:51 PM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... not exactly a "piece of equipment" Bubba. But as Sanderson was/is one of my all-time favourites, much under-appreciated in some quarters, I do remember him using a seriously cut down shorter stick at times, the wind-up & follow through on a slapshot amusing to watch as a result as he'd have to really compress his body & bend over to hit it with force, the follow through resulting in an uncoiling & God forbid you were skating behind when he followed through on it. Like Quasi Moto with a Northlands' Junior Pro. All elbows & stick. Wicked.
I know it's not exactly equipment but some folks have included physical attributes...I remember his doo and fu were part of his bad boy image.

As far as his shooting style, I wonder if it exacerbated his hip / joint problems....the guy has been walking with a cane for a long time. I remember him skating with a lower, leaning over style, especially on the forecheck and whenever he used his patented sweep check. The guy abused his body in so many different ways.

Last edited by BubbaBoot: 09-02-2012 at 11:58 PM.
BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote