The 2013-14 Red Wings
View Single Post
09-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
1. What did you do with Bert?
2. That D still has too many question marks (6 out of 7 D positions), just like this upcoming season. As of right now:
-Ericsson is a solid #5, size & reach are his only current assets, may never have the hockey IQ to be a solid DEFENSIVE D-man (Mattias Norstrom)
-Kindl is a #6, so cracking the top 4 & beating White/Ericsson/UFA is a HUGE LEAP in one season...like Big E, he lacks more than he brings to the table
-Smith & Quincey both live up to expectations, except that both are on the 2nd pairing
-only Kronwall is slightly above average defensively, rest are somewhat suspect
* I expect some kind of veteran signing/trade to change the look of the D, though.
3. Sammy on the 1st line as a 37 yr. old ?
4. Eaves is probably LTIR or done, hopefully he recovers, rather just keep Miller instead if the only choice is between the 2 as there is too much risk w/Eaves moving forward
5. Emmerton is garbage, waiver fodder
6. Tatar & Mursak trade positions with Gator & TooToo
7. Hopefully Kenny can lock Flip up 4-5 yrs @ $4.5-4.7
Agree with everything else.
-goes to AHL to start, but wins a spot by mid season
Gator-Andersson OR Sheahan-Tootoo
Kronwall- UFA (right handed shot)
???- ??? (White/Big E/Kindl)
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DATS-O-MATIC