View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Gooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I've partaken in a two-QB league myself...dumbest anything ever. Everyone just stockpiled QBs just to be able to have 2 QBs playing every week...which still was a major issue considering it was a 14 team league, meaning that there was inevitably going to be a team or four screwed every single week if even just one team had 3 starters.

I was one of the lucky ones in that league since I think I wound up drafting Brady early in the first round and he had a monster season...but by the time I got to pick again the best starters left were of the Vince Young variety.
What makes that all the much different from runningbacks though? I never tried a 2 qb league though I wouldnt mind trying something new like that. But in the current formats with how dominant running backs are if you miss out on the elite ones you're screwed especially with 2 to 3 slots being filled by them. I mean I guess there are some running backs by committee teams out there and thus offering up more mediocre running backs to draft compared to teams usually just using 1 QB and thus only 32 available period. But even if you have the worst starting qb in the league it's still better than having the worst starting running back and the point differential between top running back to worst running back and top qb to worst qb, i'd imagine that the runningback one would be a larger gap. (except for aaron rodgers more freakish days)

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote