View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
A couple of weeks ago my students (I teach HS) asked if I fought anyone in hockey. I gave them a puzzled look and said "who would I fight? A guy isn't going to fight me, and the girls I play with are all my friends, so why would I fight with them?"

They told me I had to have at least one hockey fight in my life, so I should just drop my gloves and say "it's ON" to someone. I told my hockey friends about it and we had a mock fight, complete with 'it's ON' - it was made very clear to me that unless you say those two words, it doesn't count for anything.

Now sometimes we end up next to each other on the face-off and one of us will give the other a look and say the magic words...no other chirp necessary.

Maybe once my league games start this Monday where I'm playing against people I don't know and am not friends with, I'll get a chance to hear some better chirps. But since I'm still a beginner, I tend to keep my mouth shut. It's no fun to chirp someone when they'll probably be able to get the puck away from you without even trying.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote