View Single Post
Old
09-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Against 17-year old opposition in the Ivan Hlinka tournament, MacKinnon scored five goals in five games. Some accounts suggest that he was outshone by some of his teammates on Team Canada. Hard to imagine considering him for the World Championships as a 16-year old, when he produced only better than average statistics at an U18 tournament.
I'm open to the idea, but only if he has an especially dominate season in the Q. And is available, i.e. not busy in the Memorial Cup which is mid to late May. I know the WHC begins early May, but if he's not available early, then there's no point at all of flying him in if he does become available. I really don't care what his stats were in the Ivan Hlinka or that a couple of players on Team Canada played a couple of better games. He should not have been with the U18 team anyway. He should have been with the U20 team.

I think if he has a dominate season and is available early, then lets let it all hang out.

And another little added bonus for me, I love the idea of bringing a 17 year old, it's sort of like giving the IIHF the finger!

Last edited by Mr Writer: 09-04-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote